- 125g (1/3 cup) butter or margarine (4 oz)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup white or brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) extra tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1/3 tsp salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk (or 1 tbsp lemon juice plus enough non-dairy milk to equal ¾ cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp each sesame seeds and linseeds (opt)
- ½ cup shelled walnuts (opt)
- Cream butter and sugar and vanilla
- Add mashed bananas and beat well.
- Add beaten eggs
- Sift flours, salt, Xanthan gum and baking powder and add to mixture with dissolved baking soda mixture
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, and mix just until combined.
- Add seeds and mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf tin or 2 layer cake tins (8 in), or 1 round cake tin (9 in).
- Bake in Moderate oven(350 F, 180 C) for 1 hour to 1 ½ hours.